Friday, September 29, 2017

Jane doesn't want to be my friend. UnsentLetters

Jane-

I was really excited to meet you. It was cool that it was possible to make a friend so similar to me. However, there was a sinking feeling your boyfriend was kind of pushing you into tagging along with us, but I wrote it off as paranoia.

There was instantly a tense atmosphere when you joined our chat server, since you just posted a sad emoji...? It was...odd. But, thinking you were just a little awkward, I excitedly pressed on. It felt like I was talking to a brick wall, or rather, a refrigerator that opened itself mid conversation to envelop me in cold.

Then you just...randomly quit the server? Then came back, saying "you were asked to". Then that you weren't happy to be there. I mean...cool, okay. Sorry your boyfriend is so pushy but...it was never the end of the world for me for you to not be interested? You're not a celebrity and you kind of started acting like you thought you were. It was odd. I said you didn't have to do anything you didn't want to, you replied with a "mmmmm", my boyfriend make a quick excuse and we just stopped responding. The cringe was physically painful...

Your boyfriend also sent us your texts between you two, which was odd. I feel like those should be personal and we shouldn't have seen them. But hey, since I did and you're not reading this anyway, I'll respond here! Sorry we were too formal (you didn't like the way we speak??? Jfc) and seemed like no-fun people. You didn't seem fun yourself. You weren't even trying to pretend to be friendly.

I don't know, it's a bummer. It hurt even though I know that like...you INSTANTLY acted like you disliked us, even before we spoke a word to you. So I could've done literally nothing differently. I imagine it's really misdirected anger at your boyfriend for being excited about making a gaming group that isn't just you two, but...I guess I wish I knew the exact reason? So I could at least learn from this experience. All I learned was that just because you have a lot in common with someone, doesn't mean they'll be interested in speaking with you. Even if they have no friends...some people are just like that. And I can't help it.

It's your choice at the end of the day. I support it completely. We are not even going to hang out with your boyfriend as 3 people, or bother trying to get our friends together. It's kind of sad when I think about it that way, you damaged your boyfriend's potential friendship and work relationships. However it isn't our responsibility for us to tolerate his shitty girlfriend...but the thing is? We have other friends who are more well adjusted. We don't want to cause drama between you two, and it seemed our mere presence was enough for that.

By the way, sorry for how I talk but English isn't even my first language. I guess I don't want to be even second degree friends with someone that isn't cool with that. It gives me 'ignorant bigoted person' vibes. I don't want to risk even having to interact with you...so it's a hard pass from me.

So like, I totally respect that you don't owe me friendship. I guess I was just confused as to why you would even join the chat if you were going to act like that. We're people too? You treated us not like people. Eh. I wish you had at least given us a try, I think you would've found we're not as formal as you think!

By the way, even though I learned English when I was 7, at least I know what an ampersand is and don't think saying 'ampersand' makes you an overly formal person...

Guess I'll never see you again, shame. M <3



Submitted September 29, 2017 at 03:00PM by rantthrow123 http://ift.tt/2yxgMwb UnsentLetters

No comments:

Post a Comment