Wednesday, September 27, 2017

New moons and food offerings Paranormal

Just as a quick preface -- I moved to Ukraine a year ago and have been living in a small town with a host family. The house I live in is not very old, and was built for the family I live with.

My host mother, who is a very religious 40-something year old woman, went out of town recently. This is the first time I've ever been in the house alone since I moved here. She was very worried about leaving me alone, mostly because she thought I wouldn't eat enough, but I assured her that I would be fine. Before leaving, she told me that on September 20th I should leave out some bread with butter and a cup of warm milk. I thought this was a very strange and specific request and assumed I misunderstood her since I still don't know the language very well. The next morning when I went downstairs to the kitchen, the wooden storage container where we keep bread was opened and there were bread crumbs everywhere. It looked like someone had just pulled off large chunks of bread from the loaf with their hands. I also noticed that the refrigerator, which has a very strong latch, was left opened. I tried not to think too much about this and convinced myself that one of the cats was responsible (even though there's no way they could open the bread container, despite how sneaky and clever they are) and that I had probably absentmindedly forgotten to latch the door.

When I got to school that day, I told one of the teachers I work with what had happened and she, very matter-of-factly, told me that such occurrences are common in the homes on my street. Apparently during WW2 there was a small Jewish population in my town and the majority of them lived on my street and in the areas surrounding my street. The Jewish people in my town were killed by the Nazis in 1943 and their homes and the synagogue were burned to the ground.

This information intrigued me, yet also made me very unsettled. I reached out to my host mother's daughter, who moved out of the house a few months before I moved here, and told her about what happened. She was not surprised, and told me stories about hearing footsteps on the stairs late at night, hearing noises in the kitchen, food going missing or being found in strange locations, and the cats playing with thin air. She also said that, from as far back as she could remember, her mom would periodically leave food offerings in the kitchen.

While I feel like most of those things have logical explanations, I find it strange that every night since the new moon I've woken up abruptly at 3:00 AM on the dot. I'm an incredibly deep sleeper and have the abnormal ability of sleeping through anything (Bruce Springsteen concert, football game, you name it). I suppose it's possible that this information is now ingrained in my subconscious and my body is reacting to it in this way. But after waking up at this time, I couldn't shake the feeling that I wasn't alone in my room and I found it difficult to go back to sleep.

I've never had a paranormal experience before, and I guess I just feel a bit uneasy about even the idea that there could be someone/something paranormal living in the house with me. I've always been interested in the paranormal, but only from afar. Even though it seems that I have nothing to worry about, I now have this heightened sense of awareness and alertness and it's hard for me to relax in the house. So if anyone has any suggestions about how to coexist with the paranormal, I'd greatly appreciate them.



Submitted September 27, 2017 at 06:11PM by jessrx420 http://ift.tt/2hz2jZV Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment