Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Missing persons report nosleep

When I moved to a new city for college, I didn’t have any money, and the job I had paid minimum wage. Because of that, I could only afford a studio apartment (literally a main room with a bathroom) a few blocks away from campus.

The first few weeks after I moved, my best friend lived with me until she could move into her dorm.

My friend helped me get a job working overnight shifts at a department store and we worked the same shifts. That’s when it all started...

I had school orientation a couple weeks before classes started, so I requested a few days off work. The second day of orientation lasted all day, so I was on campus from 8am-6pm. When I got home, my friend woke up and thanked me for not waking her up when I was home. The only thing was that I hadn’t been home. At all.

I let her know that, and she told me what happened. Around noon, she saw a girl that looked like me come in the door, look at her, and then went into the bathroom. Then the girl went over to the couch and pulled the blanket up over my friend and left.

When I got home, my friend needed to get up and unhook the chain from the door that I asked her to lock before I left that morning. She told me she didn’t remember needing to do that when she thought I’d come home at noon. After she told me her story, we both thought that she must have dreamed the whole thing.

A couple weeks later, she moved into her dorm and everything was normal. I didn’t have the money to get cable or internet, so I watched a lot of movies and TV shows on dvd.

One night, I was watching one of those shows and was dozing off on my bed. One of my favorite parts of that show was on and suddenly a hand reached up and grabbed my leg. I sat straight up and looked over the edge of my bed. On the floor, I saw a bloody, mangled girl. She looked up at me and gurgled “Help me!” I blinked and she was gone, the TV show was playing the same exact moment, seemingly on pause. I looked around the floor and under my bed and no one was there. I grabbed my purse and ran out of the apartment to go for a drive.

I never saw her again over the next few months that I lived there, but she still made her presence known. There were several times that I would hear things banging around in my bathroom. One time, I watched as my bottle of laundry detergent slowly scoot from the top of refrigerator to the edge until it finally toppled to the floor. Each time it happened, I decided to give her space and left the apartment for a while.

When I was moving out, I asked my landlord if anything had ever happened on the property. The only thing that came up on an internet search was a missing person report in the neighborhood 20 years earlier. A young woman about 20 years old (matching almost my exact description) went missing from her home that was just blocks away from the apartment. She was never found and was presumed to be a runaway.



Submitted September 26, 2017 at 11:58AM by ChampagneTuesday http://ift.tt/2xwEiKg nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment