Friday, September 29, 2017

[Question] Does a new fridge require a exclusive 20A breaker line? electricians

I bought a house that was built in 1997, and bought a brand new KitchenAid fridge model krmf706ebs. After 1.5 months the ice maker stopped working, after 6 technicians exchanging various parts, including ice maker sensors, water dispenser control board, air circulation fans, and lastly the control board for this fridge. Whirlpool is now requiring me to have an electrician come out and install a 15-20A exclusive line to it, claiming that they've ran all the diagnostics on the fridge, all comes back green and the "noise" on the power line is the only possible thing that prevents this to work correctly. I looked at my breaker board, and saw that my kitchen has at least 3 (I can't remember if the food dispenser is in a separate circuit) 20A breakers, 2 small appliances, 1 for the microwave. The fridge shares the same circuit as 3 outlets and the gas range. After I looked at the board, I've been calling bullshit on their assessment, specially since the owner's manual (page 12) says it is only recommended for it to be on a exclusive circuit.

Am I right to call them on their bullshit? What are your suggestions?

I currently don't have the money to hire an electrician to do the job they are asking me to.

From what I can see I have a few options:

1 - Go to war with them and their bullshit assessment 2 - Buy a power line filter/surge protector (cheapest) 3 - Get an electrician to come out and give me a report calling them out on their bullshit, or saying they are actually right 4 - Just find money to do the job and bite the bullet.

Energy Guide: http://ift.tt/2xCVdxh Owner's Manual: http://ift.tt/2fEKBXU

Exert from the Electrical Requirements section: Before you move your refrigerator into its final location, it is important to make sure you have the proper electrical connection. Recommended Grounding Method A 115-volt, 60 Hz, AC-only 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply is required. It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only your refrigerator and approved accessories be provided. Use an outlet that cannot be turned off by a switch. Do not use an extension cord. NOTE: Before performing any type of installation, cleaning, or removing a light bulb, turn off Cooling, and then disconnect the refrigerator from the electrical source. When you have finished, reconnect the refrigerator to the electrical source and turn on Cooling. See “Using the Control(s).”



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 12:42AM by vinchbr http://ift.tt/2xFloDs electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment