Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Do you think contents insurance is a good idea for renters? Frugal

I've been renting for 5+ years now. At first, it was dodgy sharehousing and all my furniture was thrifted, handed down or dodgy flat pack items. I have gradually replaced most items as they have broken or needed upgrading, including spending a reasonable amount of money on items that I consider to be investments longer term (a mattress, a comfortable lounge, an energy efficient washing machine and refrigerator, etc). I'm in a reasonable position financially. If I were to be burgled or my home destroyed, I would likely be able to replace the basics (but not without taking the majority of my savings - and I would prefer to keep the savings in tact). I'm in the process of rebuilding my emergency fund after a few financial nightmares earlier this year. In your opinion, is taking out contents insurance a good idea?



Submitted September 26, 2017 at 01:56PM by Elephant_axis http://ift.tt/2fNZcgu Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment