Tuesday, September 26, 2017

[Discussion] OST C20 aka My Signature C Source fizzed and overflowed out of bottle like soda? AsianBeauty

I received my order today from Wishtrend of their My Signature C Source vitamin C serum. The package was laying on my doorstep when I arrived home around, 8pm. Note the high today was around 77 degrees. I proceeded to remove the bottle from the box and put in my refrigerator. A couple hours later I used the serum, first I shook it to mix the ingredients. While shaking I remember thinking to myself the serum sounds a lot more watery than before as I could hear it splashing around a lot in the bottle. I've been ordering this serum for quite some time and it's consistency has always been a little thick. After opening it, it started fizzing out like soda so some of the serum overflowed out of the bottle. That has never happened to be before with this serum or with any LAA serum I've used from other brands. The manufacture date stamped on the bottom was 2017.07.05.

Any ideas why this happened? I always shook the bottle before applying and this never happened. It was a new bottle and I shook it before opening, I'm no chemist but maybe there was some gas built up inside the bottle from heat build up during shipping perhaps and shaking it and opening it caused this reaction due to the gas and pressure? The serum being hotter than normal could explain the consistency as well.

I hope this doesn't happen tomorrow as I'd hate to lose more serum from it overflowing out. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'll assume my theory about gas and pressure build up.

BTW I emailed Wishtrend and they responded they don't recommended shaking it and there was no change in formula.



Submitted September 26, 2017 at 11:49AM by caybo http://ift.tt/2whS9Tw AsianBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment