Monday, September 25, 2017

Can you refrigerate & later shelf store something you have canned properly? Canning

I have literally made so much jelly that I have no more room on my shelves. I do have a secondary refrigerator however. My thoughts were to go ahead and put the jelly in the refrigerator. When it's time to gift I would just take it out of the refrigerator and give it away and let people know that it is shelf-ready.

My question is, if you have something that's been canned properly and can be shelved - but you stored in the refrigerator - is it okay to put it on the Shelf after it's been refrigerated for a month or two.

This is for grape-based jelly that has been through a hot bath and is properly sealed.

Thanks!



Submitted September 25, 2017 at 11:31PM by ptanaka http://ift.tt/2wRZubI Canning

No comments:

Post a Comment