Friday, September 29, 2017

KitchenAid (KFIS2PBMS00 ) refrigerator wont keep cool - evaporator icing up appliancerepair

KitchenAid KFIS2PBMS00 french door fridge with freezer below Pictures: http://ift.tt/2fE2LZS

Issue is that the fridge will keep a temp but not consistently. Freezer is set to -5F and if I put the fridge on max cool (lasts 24hrs) it will hold -3F to -1F temp in the freezer, 43 F up in the fridge. Once max cool ends, the freezer is around 5-10F and fridge is 50F or so.

I pulled the fridge out and checked the compressor - there's a service port and I added a bit of R134a to get it to about 5psi. Initially I added to about 12psi and I then removed some to drop it back down as my understanding is it should be around 5psi.

The evaporator was all iced up - I deiced it and I dont know if this is because I had too much coolant in the system. It seemed to hold cooler temps for a bit but now temps are creeping back up. I pulled the cover for the evaporator today and it's covered in frost (see pics).

All fans seem to be working fine, they're spinning find whenever I check on them. Compressor doesnt seem to be running constantly, but often.



Submitted September 29, 2017 at 10:48PM by veryangryj http://ift.tt/2hAtFSN appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment