Friday, September 1, 2017

Frigidaire Model FFSS2615TP - Icemaker Dispensing Issue appliancerepair

Hi, all. I have a fridgidaire FFSS2615TP refrigerator, seen here, and I'm having an odd problem with my ice maker.

My issue is that in order for the ice to come into the hard-tray and be subsequently ejected into the main ice storage compartment, I must first manually flip the sensor arm up and then back down (to the off position and then back to the original on position)

I've tried cutting power to the fridge and turning it back on, clearing out all ice and cleaning the main storage tray and checking the ice maker for blockage and excess ice (to the best of my ability), and I have also replaced the water filter.

I can verify that the sensor arm is down (I even tried leaving it on the up position for a few hours just on the off chance), the ice tastes and looks fine when it does come out, and that flipping the sensor arm up and down is the only way I've found for the harvesting process to begin.

I'm not sure what is wrong. I've been looking this up for a while and most results for this issue advise that the entire ice maker be replaced, or that the water filter is bad.

Please let me know if you want any more information. Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: I want to add that, to the best of my knowledge, the ice maker is filling up with ice fine. I can hear water running on its own, and when the sensor arm is flipped there is no water running. The ice maker begins making 'clicking' noises right away and a few seconds later it dispenses the ice. It doesn't always eject it, and it remains in the tray, and I have to either manually start the cycle again later or shove the ice down into the storage compartment.



Submitted September 02, 2017 at 10:17AM by Brianthedoon http://ift.tt/2wZTy4Z appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment