Saturday, January 21, 2017

Notes on Brats sousvide

I tried cooking some bratwurst today and just had a few notes I wanted to share:

I started with half frozen and half from the refrigerator and cooked both for 1 hour at 155 and then browned them under the broiler for about 3 minutes.

There was a slight difference in the "pinkness" of them. My wife had reservations about eating the frozen ones since they were a little too pink for her.

The reason I froze some was to see if it helped the problem of squishing the brats in the vaccuum sealer. Turns out this really isn't a problem and it didn't need solving.

So, my recommendation is to not used frozen brats, they will come out a little to pink for non-SV-junkies and getting squished really isn't an issue. That being said, these were the juiciest brats I had ever had!



Submitted January 22, 2017 at 01:48AM by e6c http://ift.tt/2iY95XL sousvide

No comments:

Post a Comment