Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I 26[F] am looking for a roommate for my brighton apartment staring 2/1/2017 through at least 8/31/2017 bostonhousing

Hi all,

My name is Sarah and due to some unforseen circumstances I'm currently looking for someone to join me as a roommate in my 2bed/1bath apartment on Washington St. in Brighton. It's located right across from bFresh smack dab in between Brighton Center and Oak Square. It's an awesome location with free, non-resident street parking and I'm in my fifth year in the apartment. You'd be signing on to the lease through August 31, 2017 and we can discuss potentially renewing in the late spring. Rent is currently $1750/mo (so $875 each). Unfortunately the heat is electric, but the bill is generally $50-$70/month total. I'm also signed up for internet only through RCN, which is an additional $50/month total. You'd likely need first month and $875 security deposit to move in. I'm posting this here before I turn to Craigslist as a last resort.

I'm a 26 year old female graduate student in the life sciences. I'm finishing up my PhD in the next year or so, which means I'll be doing a mix of going into lab and writing from home. I've got a desk in my room, so even when I'm working from home I shouldn't be taking over too much of the common areas (living room, kitchen, bathroom). I'm fairly introverted but do like to have a pleasant, friendly relationship with my roommates. I have lived successfully with both male and female roommates, so gender is not a preference of mine, nor is gender identity/orientation. I believe in keeping the lines of communication open and avoiding passive aggression so that we can both be comfortable in our home.

I went to college nearby and have many friends in the area that I see occasionally. I don't often host large gatherings in the apartment, however. I also run ~5 days a week and enjoy finding road races in the area and am more than welcome to a roommate/running buddy a couple days if you're interested!

You'd also have a third roommate - my (almost) 5 year old lab mix, Bear. He's 55 pounds and one of the sweetest dogs I've ever cared for. He can be a bit anxious, and requires that I vacuum a few times a week, but he's an awesome cuddler and would love it if you're a dog person that'll sneak him treats behind my back. I'm unsure as to if the landlord would allow any additional pets, and am hesitant to bring a cat into the apartment as Bear's never lived with one and has the tendency to try and chase cats on walks to try and play with them. I do not think he'd be aggressive with one, and if you are seriously interested in the apartment and do have a cat we can absolutely introduce them to see how they interact. Again, this is something to also be negotiated with the landlord.

The building is made of condos, so each unit has its own owner. My current landlord bought the unit in 2013, after I had already begun living here, and has been great. She lives in Texas, so she's absent most of the year, but is immediate to respond to any emergencies and very quick to respond to any non-emergencies. She's incredibly kind, easy to talk to, and understanding. I have a great relationship with her and I'd hope that my future roommate could have the same.

The apartment itself is currently completely furnished outside of what would be your bedroom. I do have an extra dresser that was left behind if you'd like it; if you'd rather bring your own I can easily remove it if needed. The kitchen is stocked with small appliances (except for a toaster, somehow) and has an electric stove, dishwasher, and large refrigerator.

I've uploaded some images to imgur so that you can get an idea as to what the apartment is like. These images span about six years, and the unit is furnished differently (outside the kitchen and bath) than in any of these, but I'm happy to send some updates photos of the living room to you at your request! Here's the link: http://ift.tt/2iLzo4l

If you're interested in stopping by to meet with me and Bear and to see the unit, please send me a message. I'll be going out of town Wednesday evening (Jan 4) through Tuesday evening (Jan 10th), but am available limited times before I leave and am happy to arrange a time for after my return.

Best,

Sarah



Submitted January 03, 2017 at 10:04PM by stumpty_dumpty http://ift.tt/2hNTYED bostonhousing

No comments:

Post a Comment