Sunday, January 22, 2017

Help with personal Maytag refrigerator refrigeration

Hey guys. Been in HVAC-R since 2002 and haven't had to deal with many home fridges and such. My fridge has been freezing everything on the lowest setting (warmest temp setting) 7 being the coldest and 1 being the warmest.. I did some searching and found that the thermistors should read 16k ohms in ice water. I ordered two because mine were reading right at 30k. I later found more information about thermistors in fridges reading 30k in crushed ice water. Is it a difference in brand like GE being the 16k and Whirlpool\Maytag being 30k for 32 degrees F? I removed both the refrigerator and freezer thermistor for testing.

 

My fridge model is: This
The thermistor kit is: This

The bottom drawer freezer portion develops frost and the door seals are fine. The top french door portion begins freezing everything starting with the closest to the back stuff first of course then the stuff on the sides. No vents are blocked and the lowest setting causes this still.

The control board is 90 bucks and would be trivial for me to change out but I don't want to waste any cash if I don't have to.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!



Submitted January 23, 2017 at 03:14AM by Troubleshoot http://ift.tt/2jmzRtX refrigeration

No comments:

Post a Comment