Thursday, August 18, 2016

Discovered what kind of person my friend really was offmychest

I've had a friend I've known for about 3 years now and I was getting pretty close to him, his wife, and his 2 kids. We hung out once a week and I've gone out of my way to help them with things like driving them to work when their car broke down or giving them money. And they've also helped me out like when I got locked out of my apartment they gave me a place to crash.

So my friend had his sister come to live with him and I met her and she seemed reasonably nice. Though I noticed after the first week she started to complain about her brother saying she thought he was an awful person. I admit sometimes he could be an ass and sometimes how he treated his wife would seem borderline abusive and I and others would tell him to knock the shit off. But being a combat veteran with PTSD I know he has mood swings and issues so its going to come up(Not that it excuses his behavior). His sister started flirting with me a few weeks back and we got closer then she started confiding in me. I thought we were friends and I made it clear I didn't intend to take it beyond that. Then our conversations started to get more sexually explicit. I think this is the point I should've really put my foot down instead of being uncomfortable. I tend to make jokes when I'm uncomfortable so I think she thought I was being serious in reacting to her advances. Then she messaged me out of the blue a few days ago telling me that I had been too pushy about trying to force her into a relationship, which I did not want. And that our conversations had made her uncomfortable even though she had started them on those topics. Am I just missing something here and it went over my head?

After this she told her brother the shit she had been talking and said I had said it. My friend of course was mad as shit at me and I didn't bother to defend myself because they already took the stance its always going to be family first so what is the point? I feel like when people take the stance we are going to side with family regardless it doesn't really matter what actually happened or what you say you can't defend yourself even though she lied. After this though the sister came back after me saying she was pissed because I had talked shit about her weight behind her back. When ironically my friend had been the only one talking about that. Since he had been mad that she had been 'eating up' all of the food in the refrigerator and straining their families grocery budget. She had also vented to me that he had been calling her fat and told her she was eating too much.

So I'm not quite sure what I did but I'm honestly really pissed off. I feel like they both can't talk about their issues with each other and I got scapegoated so they didn't have to bother to talk it out. If she really hates her brother that much why doesn't she just get a job and move out? We are in a state that has high enough minimum wage you can support yourself in a small apartment. She hates him because of his personality and how he treats his wife and kids. He seems to hate her, his kids, and his wife depending on whats going on. And you know what maybe this was a good thing I don't have to deal with this shit anymore. Fuck it.



Submitted August 18, 2016 at 07:57PM by WintersRain http://ift.tt/2b1HXcv offmychest

No comments:

Post a Comment