Sunday, August 28, 2016

Best mini-refrigerator for the apocalypse diabetes

I keep 6 months to 1 year's worth of insulin on-hand, and would like to purchase a small refrigerator for use in a catastrophic situation, like the flooding going on in Louisiana.

Although insulin has a long shelf life even at room temperature, a few weeks without power in the 90-100 degree weather in the South could definitely reduce it's lifespan.

I would like something small, that can run off of a car battery, an integrated solar panel, or better, both.

If anyone has any experience with quality portable refrigerators, please let me know. I'd hate to drop a couple hundred dollars on one only to have it flake out when I needed it.



Submitted August 28, 2016 at 10:38PM by JudgeMontrose http://ift.tt/2btQors diabetes

No comments:

Post a Comment