Monday, August 29, 2016

TIFU by hitting a toddler into a refrigerator then getting his dad to apply for a credit card tifu

So here's the story. There's a Mexican family shopping the front denim table in mens which is like diagonally backwards from register 2, which I was on. So the parents are shopping that table and their 2 sons, like a 2 year old toddle and a 4/5 year old brother, are messing around with the refrigerators near the front and I can't see them but I see the door opening and closing a bunch. It's good to note that at this point I wasn't aware of the toddler. I had only noticed his brother because the kid was licking a vitamin water bottle and walking in circles around a jewelry stand and I was laughing my ass off. Okay, so anyways the kid stops licking the bottle and goes back to the fridge, whatever, I keep doing my thing at my register. After like 2 mins of this kid fucking w the fridge he walked back over to the jewelry stands and was chillin by his parents, but he left the fridge wide open. No biggie. I waited like 15 seconds to see if he'd come back but he was doing kid shit so I got up from what I was doing and went to close the door. So I walk up to the fridge, and it's a blind angle. to me I just see the door wide open but can't actually see the front of the fridge. Also the door has the like frosty cover brand advertisement on it, I think it's coke, so you can't really see throught it. So I push the door closed from behind the fridge, like not hard, but decent enough to close it lol, and as I take another step forward in my peripheral I barely see the build of a toddler and I'm just immediately thinking "oh fuck no I'm about to kill a toddler" but it's too late. The door is making contact with the back of his head and I hear him just start fucking wailing! Like that was a decent blow for a kid of that age, I'm glad his dad didn't actually witness it, just the screams. So he turns around, and he's a decently built, hardworking looking man of about 30 and I start thinking fuuuck this dude is gonna get in my face and try to fight me, (like I just read another story about this same type of shit on Reddit the other day) but he actually turns out to be the chillest man ever and keeps completely cool. He immediately says it's his fault he had his back turned and wasn't watching his sons, and I'm just apologizing a million fucking times to this guy and shaking his hand and shit. I felt soooo bad lmao. So after that I go back to my register and have 2 or 3 customers, but then the same family comes through MY line. Annnnd with about $550 worth of clothes... So it was a pretty long transaction that I had to make small talk with a guy about a mix of how I just hit his kid with a refrigerator door, and about how his day was going! and while this is going on the kid is sniffling and still crying a little bit and looking at me like I'm the biggest asshole in the universe, which is totally fair. The dad keeps reassuring me everything is totally fine and he's not mad at all, and I just keep saying thank you. So we always have to do our schpeal( is that how you spell that?) for our store cards. Goes something "save 15% today and 10% for the next 2 months", and I wasn't gonna do it cause I don't normally like doing it since most people brush it off, but it really was a fat purchase and we didn't have any coupons going on that I could hook him up with so I told him it really would be a lot of money he could save today, and I already had 2 today so why not shoot for a 3rd. He asked if he could cancel the card after he payed it off and I told him yes, just call in. So he went for it.. And in my head I was fucking speechless because the amount of credit cards we get is one of the few performance indicators managers have of employees, so I'm sitting here thinking "I just made this mans kid bawl his eyes out, then got him to apply for a credit card, which in they eyes of my managers means I'm doing a good job.. for injuring children...woww. Anyways the dude ends up not getting accepted for the card, and I felt better, cause those cards can fuck some ppl if they're not on top of payments. So he just paid normally and they went on their way. The entire time I was alone at the registers and I'm so glad it was slow and nobody else was up there. So yeah that's my story about how I hit a kid then got his dad to apply for a credit card.

TL;DR: read that shit it's funny



Submitted August 30, 2016 at 10:59AM by ohmynowwhathaveidone http://ift.tt/2by4htc tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment