Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Something snatched the remote control at the WORST time possible! Glitch_in_the_Matrix

Okay so first of all this is a throwaway account. Just so you know.

There are a few kids I watch ages 2 and 4, both girls. Okay so my in opinion the TV is a wonderful invention. If I have to run to the bathroom or check my phone I simply put on Nick Jr and Kaboom! No little kids pounding on the bathroom door and trying to put their grubby fingers on my phone. Unfortunately something is definitely effing with me, although technically I guess this could be classified as a glitch.

Fast forward. The 4 year old (Let's call her Mary) was screaming and throwing a tantrum because I refused to give her candy before lunch (as the parents requested. They said NO candy.) So I put on the TV for the two year old who was dozing on the couch, and put the remote control on the kitchen counter. I carry Miss Screaming Four Year Old upstairs for a timeout in her room and shut the door.

I come back downstairs to turn on the cartoon channel and the remote is gone. Mind you, these kids live in a 1200 sq ft. townhome and there is nowhere for the black remote to hide on the white countertops. I asked the two year old (who walks, talks and is potty trained) if she took it.

She shakes her head sleepily and continues to stare at the TV. I am also fully aware that two year olds are not tall enough to reach kitchen counters and besides, I was literally carrying Mary with one hand and setting down the remote with the other so I know SHE didn't take it.

Like a madwoman, I comb the kitchen and turn the house upside down looking for this goshdarn remote. The first thing the parents do is plop down in front of the TV when they get home so what exactly am I supposed to tell them? After spending an hour and a half searching (I made them lunch, let them play and run around as usual, but every spare instance I would continue searching) I still couldn't find it.

It got to the point where I started checking weird places like the refrigerator and the silverware drawer. At one point I'm pretty sure I checked the bathroom too. I check Mary's room in case it was somehow up there but it wasn't.

The parents come home, I tell them I lost the remote and they honestly don't seem too surprised. They say it's fine, they think it will turn up so I go home.

The following week I go to watch the kiddies again and ask the parents if they have ever found the remote. They say "Mary found it." I ask her where and she replies "I found it in my toy chest."

WTF



Submitted August 31, 2016 at 09:17PM by xtra33mive http://ift.tt/2c8I5mb Glitch_in_the_Matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment