Sunday, August 28, 2016

Possible thyroid issue? AskDocs

I am 24 & Female. I've been having these issues for years but have recently started putting them all together. A lot of these issues could also be attributed to other things so I've brushed them off. I do plan on calling our doctor but thought I'd get your (collective) opinion as well.

I have been having hair loss for a few years but it has gotten crazy the last year or so. Now, I have a 1 year old so I attributed a lot of it to post-parting hair loss but he's closer to 2 than 1 now. And I'm talking handfuls of hair. The shower drain has to be regularly snaked and I find it everywhere! I've even found it in the refrigerator and yes, I know how gross that is. If I run my hands through my hair, a clump comes out. Frankly, I have no idea how I'm not bald.

Fatigue. Oh the fatigue! I'm so tired all the time. Again, I have a toddler so I'm sure a lot of it is from that. But I find myself needing to take a nap everyday to get through the day.

Heart rate. Now I had an echo and a chest x-Ray about 2 months ago (unrelated reason) and everything was kosher. But if I stand too suddenly (or at all) I can feel my heart beat in my head (sometimes it hurts), my vision blacks out, and it beats so hard in my chest that it borderline hurts. Of course it freaks me the heck out and that doesn't help my heart rate either.

Hot flashes. These are pretty recent. Maybe within the last month? The instant I wake up, I feel like I'm on fire. The heat is so intense! I also have been waking up drenched in sweat. I thought maybe it was the change in heart rate from sleeping to waking, but now I'm not sure.

Can't think. My brain is so "foggy" for lack of a better word. I have an incredibly hard time keeping on a single train of thought and often my thought just slips away AS I'M TALKING ABOUT IT. It drives me crazy and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I attributed it to "mom brain" but maybe not.

Random symptoms: I've been peeing a lot lately. More than normal for me, even having had a baby. I've lost 2.5 pounds this weekend and I have changed literally nothing.

One of my parents has Hashimoto's and there is a long history of diabetes in my family (for whatever that's worth).

All that to say, I'm pretty certain that I'm not going through menopause at 24 so could it be thyroid related?

Thank you for your time! Apologies for formatting.



Submitted August 29, 2016 at 10:14AM by paintingelephants http://ift.tt/2bKD9Ga AskDocs

No comments:

Post a Comment