Sunday, August 28, 2016

Maytag Refrigerator was leaking water due to plugged evaporator drain. Need advice on what I found once I opened the freezer back panel. appliancerepair

So I used a youtube tutorial on how to repair a plugged evaporator drain and everything went well and the problem is now resolved.

Here is a before and after picture of what I found behind the back panel.

Before

After

Firstly, I was shocked at the damaged radiator fins because this is the first time I opened the back panel ever. The fridge is about 5 years old and was purchased brand new from a local appliance supplier. I was very careful removing the back panel and this can't possibly have been damaged by me. I'm wondering if this was a factory screw up or maybe I was sold a reconditioned fridge as brand new?

Secondly, the massive ice buildup in the top right was surprising. Is this normal? Is it also normal to have those pipes taped up like that?

Any advice or comments are welcome from this community. I don't know much about appliances and I think I might have been swindled when I bought this fridge.

Thanks everyone!



Submitted August 29, 2016 at 03:29AM by phantomfigure http://ift.tt/2c17HkO appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment