Friday, August 26, 2016

More asshats than usual today. TalesFromTheFrontDesk

Now I'm not sure if it just seems that way because I've been working a solo 2-10 with over 40 arrivals, but I am already over it with 3 hours left.

First guest I checked in was a seemingly nice older couple, 2nd highest elite member status. They were in a standard and were upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite. 15 minutes after they check in, I get a call down to the desk:

Guest: "Hi, uh, I thought we were given a suite."

Me: "Yes ma'am, that is our Jacuzzi suite."

Guest: Well, I thought we had a room with a sofa and chair. This desk chair is too stiff." (The original room they booked didn't have a sofa either, so I have no idea why they were so upset with not having one.)

Me: "Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that. As of right now, I don't have another room to move you to, but I can bring you a different desk chair that isn't a stiff."

Guest: "Well, this is unacceptable. I was told I would be getting a suite."

Me: "I understand that, and you did get a suite. However, if you give me some time I can see what I can do."

I ended up moving her to a room across the hall with two TVs, a living room with sofa, a desk chair, and an additional straight-back chair. They complained that their refrigerator and freezer was too small, so we ended up putting their food into our staff fridge.

20 minutes later an airline crew member comes to the desk.

CM: "My key isn't working, Rm 524."

Me: checks the shuttle sheet "Oh I see, you're leaving later this evening. The key probably just timed out."

CM: "But it shouldn't since I'm leaving this evening."

Me: "I understand that, they just automatically time out after noon."

CM: super snootily "Well it SHOULDN'T because I'm leaving later THIS EVENING."

Granted, we try and key the keys for two nights for the late check-outs, but c'mon. Human error; we're keying at least 30 crew keys in a row. Shit happens.



Submitted August 27, 2016 at 05:08AM by NoTellHotel http://ift.tt/2bELqLM TalesFromTheFrontDesk

No comments:

Post a Comment