Saturday, August 27, 2016

GE refrigerator (TBX22QABRRWW) Intermittently making somewhat loud noise, thinking compressor, have repaired or replace? appliancerepair

So the fridge has start to make some noise the past few days. Doesn't sound like a fan hitting anything, but I supposed it could be a fan motor with bad bearings. I still suspect it's the compressor. It started a little as a steady noise, I think when the compressor was running, then the noise mostly went away, maybe only a bit louder when the compressor kicked on or kicked off. Early this morning it was louder than it had been before, and the noise stopped when I set the temperature control to "off". I unplugged the unit and opened up the back panel to try to see where the noise was really coming from. When I plugged it back in and turned the temperature control back to a cold setting it just ran like normal, very quietly.

So I'm assuming that it still works for now, but the compressor is maybe on its way out?

I saw a sticker on the back with the year 2001, so I take it this thing is 15 years old. Do I contact a repair person for the compressor, buy a new fridge, or vacuum out the coils and just keep in mind that my fridge might give out at any moment?



Submitted August 27, 2016 at 04:14PM by vtslim http://ift.tt/2bodkIP appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment