Tuesday, January 5, 2016

210 GARFIELD PLACE - BEAUTIFUL VISTA - GREAT DEAL - BUGS INCLUDED shortscarystories

I moved into this apartment just a little over a month ago. It's an amazing single bed and bath; I just could not resist the asking price for it. Beautiful hardwood floors, split system heating & air conditioning, washer/dryer, ample closet space, natural light beaming into the spacious rooms, and a breathtaking outdoor terrace. All for just under $2,500 a month.

I began to notice something troubling the week I moved in. Tiny red marks began to show up on my skin. This along with small bruises and bumps on my legs, arms, and on my neck. Disgusted, I looked into bedbug control near my neighborhood. Sure enough, others in my building had the same problem recently. Figures, I thought, for the asking price. So I called the exterminator and they bug bombed the entire place. I called my landlord and she apologized profusely, explaining that under this unusual circumstance, that she'd pay for the service. So that was really good of her.

The problem didn't exactly stop there, though. Just a week after the initial bug bomb, I started to notice the tiny red dots again. They didn't itch particularly, but I started feeling drowsy. Then came the nausea, quickly leading to anxiety. I felt flustered and called my doctor. He asked me to come in the next morning, but during my visit, he noticed nothing unusual about my blood work or biopsy. He gave me a prescription for low-dose Xanax for the anxiety and asked me to take it easy for a while.

I took my doc's advice, and admittedly the Xanax did help with my anxiety. The red dots stopped bothering me, I hardly noticed them anymore. By the ladder of the two-week Xanax course, my nausea reached crescendo. For days the medication made me vomit, my hair fall out, and eventually I felt too sick to even get out of bed. Knowing full well Xanax's documented side affects, I finally felt too sick and stopped taking my meds.

My anxiety immediately returned within hours of my missed dose, full-swing. My mind flooded with thoughts of those tiny monsters. Anxiety turned into a manic frenzy as I checked for the creatons inside the bedframe, behind every bookcase and dresser, under my couch, along windowsills, under the cabinets, and even on top of my refrigerator.

Though ready to drop, I could not give up my search. For hours I tore through the tiny apartment, just obsessed with finding even the slightest trace of the demons. I shakily grabbed a Q-tip from the bathroom, and began to swab under the facets. While examining the clean cotton swab, something struck me. I rubbed my exhausted eyes with my free hand and refocused on my hand. Tiny red dots began to appear along my knuckles.

I dropped the Q-tip into the drain. I felt the top of my hand with trembling fingers. Then I felt them. Just below the surface.



Submitted January 06, 2016 at 08:47AM by WolfPaws123 http://ift.tt/1PJgWnG shortscarystories

No comments:

Post a Comment