Thursday, January 28, 2016

Beef Round Tip Cooking

I've got a 11 lb hunk of beef round tip I picked up at Costco a while back and froze solid. Currently it's thawing out in the refrigerator but that may take over a day at least. Quite a solid bit of meat.

So what can I do with this mammoth hunk of meat? It seems better to portion it into thirds and refreeze the other two parts for later. I've been reading lots of suggestions to roast it at 500F for a short time and then let it rest in the oven for a couple more hours to finish - dry seasoning to my desired preference.

If a roast is the only option, a classic side of mashed potatoes and seared vegetables seems like the way to go.

Are there any other options? Suggestions?



Submitted January 29, 2016 at 07:04AM by SplooshU http://ift.tt/1QIPbhe Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment