Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New apartment: no furniture, no painting, no nothing. Need help! DesignMyRoom

Hi /DesignMyRoom,

I just moved to a new apartment (living alone for the first time), and I have no idea how I'm going to design my apartment.

I made a semi-Blueprint using Planner5D from this subreddit sidebar, and tried to make it look like the real thing as much as possible. Click here to view the blueprint in 2D or 3D!

So, a few considerations before we start:

  • All walls are painted white, as it is a common thing in Brazil when you rent a new apartment. I can do whatever I want in terms of painting, I just can't destroy a wall or something like that.

  • In my bedroom, the only furniture I've got so far is my bed and my wardrobe.

  • My living room is pretty small and currently empty.

  • The only thing I've got so far in my kitchen is the sink. Still no refrigerator, no oven, nothing. The only restriction for the kitchen is that the oven must be to the left of the sink (close to the hallway), that's where the gas pipe is.

  • I'm not sure if there is enough space in the laundry room for a washing machine, but I'll look into it.

  • I have already bought an 48" TV (Samsung 48J6500) that is about to be shipped, but I have no idea where to put it: in my bedroom or my living room?

Suggest any - i mean ANY furniture you'd guys think would be fit for my apartment. I'll try to look for the closest model I can find here in Brazil if I like the idea.

Thank you guys so much!

PS: I'll post pics of the actual apartment if you guys think that's a good idea.



Submitted January 28, 2016 at 07:27AM by MFrafael http://ift.tt/1PTTbXy DesignMyRoom

No comments:

Post a Comment