Friday, January 29, 2016

YAY ~~The awful judge I was assigned is now in a different department!!! Divorce

So the judge we were initially assigned back a year ago had a background of criminal law and had been a criminal defense attorney. She was sitting on the family law bench for two years, knowing NOTHING about family law. Why? Because the cases she had worked on in the PD's office would present a conflict if she went immediately to the criminal bench. So for two years she ruled on cases that were outside her expertise and knowledge, ruining lives in the process.

She imputed a 50% increase in my income because I had to take a lower paying job due to my STBX's stalking and tapping into my work phone (see history). This meant I was paying him 66% of my take home pay. He refused to sell the house, and hadn't paid the mortgage (in violation of the court order) since 4/15 and the house was set for foreclosure sale this month.

All this while I was paying him $2600 PER MONTH for child support and spousal support, while bringing in around $4500 per month. He just socked it away and ignored the order, and did so because this judge was so bad.

He left the house three days before the foreclosure sale date, leaving it filthy, junk everywhere, refrigerator full of rotten moldy food, dog crap all over the backyard and the inside of the house reeking of urine from cats.

I had to pay an additional $2k for three dump truck loads of junk to be hauled away, and $400 for cleaning the inside.

Now, he's going to declare bankruptcy in order that he will avoid all liability for community credit card debt. My attorney has said "Well, we don't know for sure" (Yes, we do, he has a bankruptcy attorney and he is going to file as soon as he forced me to sign this one-sided agreement)

My attorney has been telling me that this judge was terrible and I would be better off just agreeing to the one-sided stipulation they had proposed, rather than going to trial with this terrible assigned judge. Thankfully I had not signed the stipulation yet and now I have a second opinion scheduled with a different attorney to make sure that I'm getting solid advice.

Just wanted to share that - it's been such a rough two years.....



Submitted January 30, 2016 at 06:43AM by SeriousPenguinIssues http://ift.tt/1UwhnDe Divorce

No comments:

Post a Comment