Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling! appliancerepair

Model #: ED5LHAXWB00

issue: freezer and fridge are room temperature

the facts:

  • Bought new 6 years ago, used for 3 years, then fridge sat in a shed unused for 3 years, covered and "indoors", but still subject to temperature fluctuations. (not sure if that's relevant)

  • It was pretty moldy inside, clean as a whistle now (again, not sure if that's relevant)

  • Compressor purrs nice and quiet, and is warm to the touch

  • Evaperator fan runs

  • Condensor fan runs

  • No strange noises, smells when plugged in.

  • Evaperator coils are clean

  • Unit was transported in a moving truck from pdx to seattle, then brought up a set of stairs with a dolly. It was never on its side, but probably did get tilted to a pretty good angle coming up the stairs

  • It sat upright for 3 hours before I plugged it in, then was running all night before I found that it was warm the next morning

  • I bought a multimeter last night so I could test individual components, but haven't done anything with it yet. Just an FYI that I have the ability to do that if that is the next step(s)

Thoughts: I looked up my model# on Repair Clinic. It recommends to check for:

  • condenser coils are dirty - they're not

  • Evaperator fan motor - it runs, isn't noisy

  • Condensor fan motor - again, it runs nice and quiet

  • Temperature control thermostat - I haven't checked this yet, but I would assume if this wasn't working, nothing in the cooling system would be running. But considering I know nothing about refrigerators, I could be way off base.

  • Compressor - It sounds like its running fine? I can hear it purring, feel a normal amount of vibration coming from it, and it gets warm to the touch when plugged in. If it wasn't working, wouldn't it not turn on and or make a ton of racket?

  • Is it possible the R134a leaked out? How would I test that?

I'm at the end of my rope here, so any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!!



Submitted January 26, 2016 at 11:18PM by Bjornthebear http://ift.tt/1nwifxr appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment