Friday, January 29, 2016

Question about roasting bones for beef broth AskCulinary

I'm making pho for my girlfriend's birthday tomorrow and I've never made homemade beef broth. This link has been extremely helpful so far: http://ift.tt/1SpmfLf

I started by roasting the bones today at 350F and about 20 minutes before I received a phone call calling me into work. I moved the bones to the refrigerator and plan to simmer them later.

What I need help with:

Did I ruin the bones by not simmering them right away or can I put them strait into a pot and start simmering? The bones were relatively inexpensive and if I need to buy fresh ones I'll probably change my method to parboiling.

I also am using oxtail and beef shank. What's the best way to add those? Do I just simmer those for 1.5 hours and move the meat to a bowl of cold water then to the refrigerator? I had planned on browning the beef shank in my stock pot before adding water.



Submitted January 30, 2016 at 02:17AM by OPollyMe http://ift.tt/1PFCajA AskCulinary

No comments:

Post a Comment