Saturday, September 2, 2017

Reheating safety-letting refrigerated milk come to room temperature on its own breastfeeding

I've found general breastmilk safety info like how long it can stay at room temp/fridge/freezer. And I know the general method is to run frozen/chilled milk under warm water to bring to room temp to feed. But what I can't find is:

Can I pull milk from the refrigerator and sit it out to take the chill off instead of applying heat? Does it still have a 4-6 hour lifespan outside the fridge if it starts cold? Does anyone do it this way?

I'm thinking I can do a feed, and prep the next bottle by taking it out of the fridge and letting it sit for 2-4 hours til the baby is ready to eat again.

Thoughts?



Submitted September 03, 2017 at 02:22AM by champ_darling http://ift.tt/2wwWq6f breastfeeding

No comments:

Post a Comment