Friday, September 1, 2017

I'm unimpressed by Mountain Dew. PointlessStories

So, I live in a Caribbean country that often gets imports from popular products from the USA, such as snacks and the like; however, I have always noticed that Mountain Dew apparently simply isn't on the list of things-from-the-united-states-that-we-don't-get-on-our-supermarkets.

Until today.

I was doing my thing at the local Olé, which is probably the closest to Walmart we have in any and every sense, when suddenly I noticed something new and unusual in the beverages aisle. If you haven't guessed right now, yes, it's Mountain Dew; so based on the colossal amounts of indirect advertising it has received over the internet, I decided to try this so-called ultimate gaming elixir, in order to taste what pure digital performance tastes like.

After getting home, I stuck the four 12 fl-oz (355 ml) cans on the freezer while going on my way to do other things (particularly on my computer), until a moment I felt my body was ready to feel the absolute injection of power I would receive. I stuck my hand on the conveniently-placed refrigerator besides my computer and opened a can (which was slightly shaken, so it overflowed a bit; but not enough to cause a mess).

I took a sniff off the gases that were being released by it, then a faint sip at the liquid. Due to the effervescence of the drink, it was difficult to tell what the flavor was like; so I decided to try another sip, then yet another even more bountiful one. After a couple seconds of iterating this process, a realization hit me like a train - this flavor feels too known for me. In fact, I would say that this is exactly what 7-up would taste like if they took the minuscule amounts of lemon they put in their formula and added orange juice instead.

Surprised by how close this orange-7-up analogy described the flavor in my mind, I rushed to verify the information in the label; and sure enough, orange concentrate was indeed listed as one of the ingredients; probably the largest flavored one in it. Reading further, I noticed that caffeine was indeed another prominent ingredient for it; which would probably explain the power-rush-effect so thoroughly described in online communities.

Realizing that I just drank a can of orange-soda-flavored coffee at 9:34 PM, I sighed at the thought of my lost sleep, and did the responsible thing by putting the empty aluminum directly into the trash bin.



Submitted September 02, 2017 at 07:11AM by unicodepepper http://ift.tt/2xEiGvn PointlessStories

No comments:

Post a Comment