Monday, September 4, 2017

Defrost cycle not working on very old General Electric Spacemaker Fridge appliancerepair

My dad has a 1962 GE Spacemaker refrigerator that was bought new by his parents. The defrost cycle has quit working, and our appliance guy said the mechanism for switching refrigerant direction has failed. He says it's cost prohibitive to fix. The fridge is still cooling very well but every two weeks it must be manually defrosted.

Does anyone have any experience fixing these old fridges an can point me to some useful reading/websites? I am mechanically inclined but fairly limited to vehicles; I've never worked on appliances. As you can imagine, a 55 year old fridge that's been in the family since new has a bit of sentimental value so I'd like to fix it even if it costs a little too much.

Thanks.



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 06:50AM by Northern_glass http://ift.tt/2gHfFWR appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment