Friday, September 1, 2017

Breaker box wiring in apartment electricians

Hi everyone, I moved into a new apartment and landlord gave me permission to update a light fixture in the kitchen. When doing that I decided to label the breaker box for my apartment since it had no labels. While doing so I noticed something that seemed wrong. Let me explain. So the first "switch" in the breaker box is a 20amp one turns off/on power for all the countertop outlets in the kitchen (microwave, oven, blender and stove). Second switch is a 20amp turns off power for the refrigerator and that's it. The other switch is a 15 amp turns off all the power in the bedrooms, I have 3 bedrooms, except one outlet in the Master. Another 15 amp switch doesn't turn off anything. Then the other 15 amp turns off 3 outlets in the kitchen, one of which is being used by my window air conditioner, turns off the kitchen ceiling lights, hallway light, Master Bathroom light and outlet, three living room outlets and living room ceiling light. As well as an outlet in the master bedroom. The last switch is a 30 amp switch that turns off the rest of the power in the living room, including a in wall air conditioner, 3 outlets and power in the second bathroom. What concerns me is that switch that turns off nothing and that switch that turns off basically most of the apartment. I know bathrooms are supposed to have 20 amp switches in the breaker box but one bathroom is powered by a 15 amp one and the another one is by a 30 amp one. The house was built in 1989. Like I said I'm also a renter. Should I be concerned? Additionally, I'm sorry if the terminology I used is incorrect. Here's a picture of my breaker box too if it helps explain visually what I'm talking about: http://ift.tt/2gyw6ot



Submitted September 02, 2017 at 05:02AM by ahleahsis http://ift.tt/2eN3G6D electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment