Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Kitchenaid KBRA20EMSS won't cool below 50 degrees appliancerepair

My wife and I became aware of the issue when the items in the freezer thawed and would not refreeze. The temp was consistently around 48 degrees in both the freezer and the refrigerator. The compressor appears to be working and the fans appear to be working as well. I thought the evaporator may have frozen up, but when I opened up the back of the freezer to inspect it, the evaporator was free of ice. The capillary tube and larger copper tubing were both frozen in a large block of ice. My guess is that there is a refrigerant leak somewhere in the system causing the issue. I thawed out the block of ice and have run the fridge for 24 hours, but it is still hovering in that 50 degree range. Any diagnosis or advice on whether it's worth calling out a service tech, or just biting the bullet and shopping for a new fridge is appreciated. Picture of Frozen Symptom



Submitted October 27, 2016 at 05:25AM by Stars2278 http://ift.tt/2dYiBdS appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment