Sunday, October 23, 2016

Help with the Carnot Cycle [Thermodynamics] EngineeringStudents

I understand why reversible processes are the most efficient. That makes sense. I don't understand how reversing an efficient heat engine creates an efficienct refrigerator. From my understanding an efficient heat engine takes a given amount of heat (Qh) and turns a lot of it into work, and only a little is released into a lower temperature sink. An efficient refrigerator takes a small amount of work to raise a given amount of heat (Ql) to a higher temperature region. If you invert an efficient heat engine, you have a system that takes a large amount of work to move a small amount of heat from low to high temperature. To me it sounds like inverting an efficient heat engine results in an inefficient refrigerator. Can someone please help me understand this.



Submitted October 24, 2016 at 07:58AM by abbrandt27 http://ift.tt/2eIsGt1 EngineeringStudents

No comments:

Post a Comment