Monday, October 31, 2016

Don't leave your house this Halloween [Halloween 2016] shortscarystories

Clowns are on the loose, razors and drugs are in candy, and nobody ever bothered to fix the potholes in the middle of the street that kids always trip over. But that’s not what I’m talking about.

I do worry about those things. Immensely. I’ve got a six year old and a four year old- how could I not? So when I took them out trick-or-treating earlier tonight, I had all those paranoid parental thoughts running through my head. Like every other year, though, Jamie and Sam were safe. There were no tricks, infinite treats.

It wasn’t until we got home that anything went wrong. Both my husband and I had taken our only two children out, so naturally our porch light was off and the inside were dark. I stepped in first, while my husband juggled Sam and two candy bags. I flipped the switch and looked down to take off my shoes.

There sat our family’s dog, Queen. Not sat, really, but lied. Sprawled. Surrounding him was every bodily fluid imaginable along with some weird yellow substance I had never seen before. It was awful; the image will be burned into my brain for a long time.

I let my husband in on what went down and subtly we came to the conclusion that Queen must have gotten into one of the candy bags somehow. Not wanting to tell our daughters, he took them back out for some “surprise” trick-or-treating, as I had offered to deal with the mess.

Scooting around my poor baby at the door, I made my way to the kitchen. I was always so careful; how could he have gotten into something like that? And what about the kids, do we tell them or just get them a new dog like nothing had ever happened? People did that with fish all the time, so why not a dog? They’d be devastated.

My thoughts were harshly interrupted by a note hanging on the refrigerator. It was written in the same weird yellow substance and read:

YOU WILL ALL FALL LIKE THE QUEEN

My family and I are staying at my husband’s parents’ house. To our childrens’ dismay, we’ve confiscated all the candy. Better safe than sorry. I don’t know who’s doing this or why, but I’m terrified. Someone is trying to poison us and we know nothing at this point.

So don’t leave your house this Halloween. Forget what’s out there, in the spooky night. Who knows who or what could be coming in while you’re gone?



Submitted November 01, 2016 at 08:03AM by distantoranges http://ift.tt/2fbwTWn shortscarystories

No comments:

Post a Comment