Tuesday, October 25, 2016

New home owner, help me with my first foray into plumbing. Plumbing

Had a leak in the house I just bought, and it was tracked down to the plastic pipe feeding the refrigerator.

I decided I could run a new pipe through the cabinets, old one runs behind the cabinets inside the wall. Bad design.

In any case, got a new hose thingy, had a GC who came by for a different job glance at it and tell me where to hook up.

http://ift.tt/2es2u9k

I've attached the new blue pipe as seen in the picture. We assumed this was the right spot, and that we'd need to turn the thing to the right of the pipe in order to get water to start flowing. Seems that handle is broken off though.

My questions: does this look like the right spot to hook it up? Was there a handle there that's been broken off? If so, any ideas how I can get the water on? What if I unscrew the nut to the right of the new pipe? Should I replace the thing so that I have a real handle? If I should replace it..what do I need to buy or tell the folks at Hone Depot so they can guide me?

First time poster on here, looking forward to your help on this project and from learning from you all! Thanks.



Submitted October 26, 2016 at 12:35AM by gahosp http://ift.tt/2f4YiOS Plumbing

No comments:

Post a Comment