Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sober weekends are the best weekends stopdrinking

My first few attempts at quitting were derailed because I would get to the weekend and drink again because....what else am I supposed to do with all this free time?

Well, now that I don't spend my entire weekend day drinking, I'm finding there's actually a lot to do in my free time and it's all things that make me feel a lot better than alcohol did. And since I'm not hungover, I have a lot more energy to actually get stuff done. I'm kind of amazed at what I got done this weekend:

-I drove my grandma to early voting and then took her to the optometrist to get her new glasses. -I went grocery shopping (normally one of my least favorite chores) -Baked apple crisp and cooked a healthy dinner (kale was involved) -Cleaned out our nasty refrigerator (it was long overdue) -Did massive amounts of laundry -Did my banking -Bought myself some new work shirts (another chore I dislike) -Cooked a large batch of rice, beans and corn to bring to work for healthy lunches this week -Visited an herbal store that I had been meaning to check out, picked up some new teas and chatted with the herbalist there -Finally got the supplies and stapled a coax cable to the wall so I don't have to keep tripping over it

Tonight I'm planning on making a soy milkshake, kicking back and watching a scary movie :) I actually feel rested and prepared for the week ahead, instead of feeling hungover and exhausted.

What do sober weekends look like for you, sobernauts?



Submitted October 31, 2016 at 01:08AM by slimeman420 http://ift.tt/2f1NoWB stopdrinking

No comments:

Post a Comment