Saturday, October 22, 2016

Egg timing questions sousvide

I am (obviously) new and have a few questions about time and temperature with eggs. I will use 150 degrees as the temperature for these questions. Do I need to FIRST get the water in the pot to be at 150 degrees BEFORE I add the eggs? When I add the Eggs, the temperature drops dramatically. Do I start my time when I add the eggs or do I wait till the temperature gets back to 150 before I start timing the eggs? Would it be better to start with eggs cold from the refrigerator or at room temperature? One issue that I know about is that I live in Lakeview Oregon at an altitude of almost 5,000 feet. The water here boils at about 202 degrees so I have to make some adjustment for any baking. On a much more positive note, I am having a BLAST making Scotch eggs in my spare time but I am thinking of going pro with these. I have re-named them "Mustard Sponges". Thank you for your time.



Submitted October 23, 2016 at 08:46AM by SeeMarkFly http://ift.tt/2dZv0vN sousvide

No comments:

Post a Comment