Monday, October 31, 2016

An old Japanese 2 prong apartment. Want to remove ground "hum" from monitor and stereo. electricians

As the title says I live in a somewhat old (even modern aparment have that issue though) apartment (so I don't own it and never the old lady would let me change outlets in my computer room).

As some people may know here there is no ground in the outlet except for high voltage equipment (refrigerator and air conditionning for example). So in my "computer room I am stuck with 2 prongs outlet. Most equipment that would benefit from an actual ground have these kinds of connector.

My setup have the PSU of the computer, the monitor (with audio out) and my small lamp stereo with these prong coming out. I wonder how I could ground these 3 properly.

The outlet with the ground is no sooo far so if I get a wire to join the same screw and the ground of the fridge then join a ground terminal like this would I have a safe setup free of "hums" like I want?

If yes, is there any numbers I need to take into account when choosing the wire and terminal ?



Submitted November 01, 2016 at 11:06AM by gaspemcbee http://ift.tt/2dXhbCa electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment