Monday, October 31, 2016

Life pro tip: frozen orange juice reconstituted at home is more convenient, cheaper, and just as good as liquid OJ from the store Frugal

I used to buy orange juice from the refrigerator section of the store every week or so. Now, I buy it in the freezer section every few months. It's about 30% cheaper here, and it's one less thing to keep track of. Plus, it tastes fresher.

One important tip: reconstitute into a glass container. I have a 2L glass OJ container from the hippy co-op, which is perfect for the job. It has a wide-mouth lid, so I don't need to bother with funnels or spoons while reconstituting.

I tried re-using plastic bottles from my recycle bin, but no matter how well I wash them, the juice develops that metallic/fermented taste within a week. Not an issue with glass.

A third tip: a small glass of OJ is just as satisfying as a large glass at breakfast.



Submitted November 01, 2016 at 06:21AM by mdgates00 http://ift.tt/2etjYzq Frugal

No comments:

Post a Comment