Wednesday, October 28, 2015

dog urinating in my bed Dogtraining

I have a 9.5 year old female Westie, who I adopted as a puppy. She was house trained early on, but did sometimes have accidents if I was unexpectedly held up at work or something similar.

Anyway, in the last year or so, she's been urinating in the house much more often. In her bed, on the bath mats, on the rugs, and, most problematically, in my bed. My husband and I are pulling out our hair over this. She's been checked over by the vet, she's been on two medications (DES and Proin), neither of which worked, probably because her problem isn't incontinence, it's some kind of behavior issue. She's been checked for UTI's, cushing's, and had a whole abdominal ultrasound.

So I've been doing some research online and I'm not seeing any answers. I know I'll have to go back to my vet about it but I thought maybe you guys might have some insight that could prove useful.

This last time, tonight, my husband was folding laundry in the bedroom and she came in so he asked her if she wanted to come up on the bed. She did, so he lifted her up and she went to the other side of the bed and squatted. !?!? She hadn't just come inside but she'd been out within an hour or two.

We're just kind of at the end of our rope. We have two other dogs (husband's from before we met) who cause enough problems (opening refrigerator, pulling dishes out of the sink...). But the dogs all get along and we've been living together for more than 6 months and we started socializing them long before that.

I feel like we're failing all of them. They're sweet dogs, if kind of terrible, but I know that their terribleness is our fault, not theirs. I am gone for 12 hours a day and I can't get husband or step kids on board with stepping up their dog-care game. I try to pay them lots of attention when I get home but that's only going to get us so far.

I guess this is like half rant, half cry for help. Thanks for listening.



Submitted October 29, 2015 at 05:35AM by danaraincloud http://ift.tt/1P6nmOh Dogtraining

No comments:

Post a Comment