Friday, October 30, 2015

[F2F] F/20 5'4" SW: 185lbs CW: 137lbs GW: 130lbs fatpeoplestories

http://ift.tt/1PMtYmz

So I posted this on r/progresspics already, but I figured I'd post it on here too because it's my favorite sub and why the hell not? I'm proud of what I did. It's not as much of an achievement as other people on here who have lost hundreds of pounds, but it's certainly an achievement for me. At 185 lbs, I was struggling with bulimia, binge eating disorder, depression and body image issues. Last March, I was diagnosed with a heart murmur and my doctor said that if I didn't lose weight, I could be shortening my life by up to 10 years. That hit me really hard, and I realized that if I wanted to enjoy life to the fullest, I couldn't keep living the way I was. Food was an emotional crutch for me. My best friend and my worst enemy at the same time. Food didn't judge when I got up at midnight and crept down to the refrigerator to stuff my face. Food didn't judge when I sat alone in my room in high school, eating and crying at the same time because I felt so lonely and disgusting.

At the same time though, food was one of the main things preventing my happiness. I found that I was never truly happy because food was always at the back of my mind. What can I shove into my face when I get home from school? My parents are going out for a few minutes, what can I shove into my face as quickly as possible? It was no way to live life.

I decided to get my shit together. I started using MyFitnessPal, which is now the most visited app on my phone, and started trying to move more in general. I've never been a huge fan of running, so I took long walks, rollerbladed with my friends and took a few Zumba classes. I try to go to the gym at least a couple times a week (with exams now, it's getting pretty difficult, but I'm still trying). I still eat sugar and chips and pizza and all the foods that I like, but in moderation.

I've dropped almost fifty pounds since. I realize now that being healthy made me so much more happy than food ever did. I don't feel fatigued anymore, and while I still get a lot of urges to binge/purge, I don't act on them anymore because I know that even if they make me feel better for a short time, they're only hurting me in the long run.

Thanks for listening to my story, whoever you are. You might be in the same position as me, or the same position I was in a few months ago. If you are, just know that it does get better. It really does.



Submitted October 30, 2015 at 11:38PM by fart_sandwich_ http://ift.tt/1NFW2Vn fatpeoplestories

No comments:

Post a Comment