Thursday, October 29, 2015

Being Followed For 8 Years... nosleep

This all started a little over 2 weeks ago. I am 22, just graduated college, and still live with my parents. They go down to our beach house on the weekends, so I'm home alone every weekend. I sometimes go down during the summer, but it's boring down there in the off season. Being home alone doesn't scare me, but my house is pretty big, and I always feel weird being alone in it at night as I go to sleep.It traces back about 8 years ago when I was 14 and laying in bed one night. My room is in the front of the house, so when someone pulls down our driveway at night I can see the lights shine through my blinds. One night I woke up around 2 a.m. and and saw someone pulling in our driveway. Seemed weird, so I got up and looked out the window. I saw a small black car sitting in our driveway, and a man got out and began to walk towards our front door. I ran downstairs and looked out the window on the side of our front door. You can see out, but people can't see in so I felt safe. The guy walked up to our door, stopped for a moment, then turned around and left. I was scared as hell, but he drove away and didn't come back the rest of the night. I didn't sleep another minute. The next few days I was scared every night, but I didn't want to say anything to my parents. Nothing really happened and I was 14, so I figured they would think it was a bad dream or something. Plus I never tell my parents anything. I am very private. I don't like to worry people if I don't have to. Eventually I forgot this even happened as it never happened again. Well...until 6 years later when I was 20 years old, home from college for the summer. I was driving back from my friend's house after a night of playing poker with the boys. As I pulled into my driveway, I saw the same black car from 6 years earlier car parked out on the road at the top of my driveway. Trust me it was the same car, I would never forget it. I opened the garage door with the button in my car, and waited a minute. Finally I got out of my car, ran into the garage, and closed the door immediately. All the lights in my house were off as my parents were already asleep. It was a little after midnight. I stared out the front window for about an hour waiting for this car to leave. Finally, the same man from 6 years prior got out of the car and started to walk towards the front door. Then he started to run. I just sat there looking out the window, knowing he couldn't see me, but regardless my heart was racing. What was I supposed to do? Was he going to break in and kill me? My family? What did he want from us? We're a small family in a nice town in a nice area. Stuff like this doesn't happen here. Well, I ran upstairs and looked around my room for something I could use as a weapon. I had nothing, I don't know why I looked in my room for something. Then it hit me we had old metal baseball bats in my garage from when I used to play in middle school. As I ran back downstairs to grab one, I peeked out the window again. The car was pulling away. What was going on? I didn't sleep at all that night, but nothing else happened. The car never came back either as weeks passed by. I eventually forgot about this too, and stopped worrying as it seemed to be nothing yet again. I told no one about this either, as I didn't feel a need to. Nothing had happened. It was probably just a misunderstanding of some sort, right? Okay enough backstory, that was the boring part. The story really starts here, but I had to include all of that. You'll see why soon enough. Hope I didn't lose to many of you, because trust me, this is a good one. So 2 weeks ago, as I was saying, I was home alone for the weekend. My parents were at the beach house and I had gone out in the city on Friday night. It was Saturday night now, and I just hung out at home watching playoff baseball games all day. I was hungover and tired, so I was fine staying in for the night. Around 8 p.m. I hopped in my car and drove to KFC for dinner. I saw a commercial for KFC and I was craving that Doublicious Sandwich they have. So good. Anyway, I zipped over there, went through the driveway, and started eating my food as I drove home. I was starving, and it was about a 10 minute ride. Fuck waiting to get home. When I was about 2 minutes away from home, I noticed a black car following me. Couldn't see what kind of a car it was or who was driving, but it was following close. I turned down a few side streets necessary to get to my house, and finally turned on my street. The car continued to follow me. There's 3 houses on my street. small cul-da-sac, didn't recognize the car. Could have been a visitor of one of my neighbors though, right? No big deal. I pulled into my driveway where I park my car. My parents have very expensive cars, and we only have a three car garage, so my mom's car and my dad's 2 cars get the garage space. I park at the end of the driveway. Well, I saw this black car pull right next to me into my driveway and I looked to my left and saw the same man as the other 2 times. Fuck. What do I do? I was freaking the fuck out. I still had the car on, so I thought about backing up and driving away. But where the fuck would I go? He was probably going to follow me wherever. Who the fuck was this guy? Should I drive to the police station like they tell girls to do who are being followed by a predator? Well, I sat there for maybe 30 seconds, and neither me nor the man in the black car moved at all. My parents took the Mercedes down to the beach house for the weekend, so I quickly decided I needed to park in the empty garage spot.I pressed the button to open the garage and jammed on the gas immediately. I was going too fast, but I didn't give a fuck. I drove into the middle garage spot and crashed into the extra refrigerator we keep in the back center of the garage. I pressed the button to close the garage immediately and I looked in the rearview mirror and saw the man still hadn't got out of his car. The garage door came to a close and I sat there for a second freaking out. I had to get out though and find out what was going on. The front bumper of my car was fucked up a bit, but nothing terrible. My parents were going to be pissed, but oh well. There were more important things to worry about. Guess I couldn't hide this from them anymore. I ran inside the house and ran to the front door with the windows where I could see out. The man was out of his car and slowly walking towards the front door. Towards me. I was definitely freaking the fuck out, but I honestly had enough of this shit. Sometimes in hectic moments I suddenly get really brave. This was one of those moments I guess. I ripped open the front door and yelled at the man who was approaching. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" He kept walking without reacting. We have about 8 brick steps leading up to the front door, and he walked up them one by one until he was in my face, staring at me. He had a blank look on his face, and he barely moved his lips as he said to me in a quiet but stern tone, "Get in the car." Something about the way he said it I was about to just listen to him. Like what the fuck was I thinking? But that lasted all of a second, before things got crazy. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" I yelled again. This time, he seemed to have heard me. "I'm your Uncle Tommy. Get in the car. I'll explain later" Okay now I was freaked the fuck out. My Uncle Tommy was actually my great uncle, or my father's uncle if you will. He had passed away when he was 42, a few years before I was born, so i had never met him. I had seen pictures of him before, heard a few stories, but honestly he wasn't talked about much. He had died of a heart attack I was told all of my life, but when I was 18 and visiting my grandfather for a week in Florida one summer, he explained to me how he had actually committed suicide when his business took a turn for the worse. He had an assortment of expensive houses and cars, and when he realized he was going to lose all of that, he took out an insurance policy, waited 2 years, and then killed himself. He had to wait the two years to make sure not to void the life insurance policy, look it up, I'm not a lawyer but that's what my grandfather explained to me. Anyway, he was apparently standing in front of me, so uhh, what the fuck was going on? I looked at him and he did look like an older version of the Uncle Tommy I saw in photos. He was 42 when he died, I was 22, and he died 3 years before I was born, so i quickly did the math to see he would be 67 today. Looked about right, but could it really be him? "W-w-what? H-how? Uncle Tommy?" I said. He looked at me and smiled a bit, finally easing up on the death stare he had previously. "Just get in the car Matt, it's a LONG story." Something about the way he said it made me trust him, I locked the front door and followed him to his car. What the fuck was going on? At this point it was after 9 pm and I was apparently getting into the car of my Uncle Tommy who had been dead for 25 years.

To be continued...



Submitted October 29, 2015 at 09:38PM by mattishere_ http://ift.tt/1XBWSHj nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment