Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fertility Treatments shortscarystories

They told me when I was pretty young that I’d never be able to have a baby. And that was that. No therapy, no consolation, no nothing. I was given the knowledge and left to my own devices to deal with it. They wouldn’t have to see me crying at night. Every night. For years and years. I kept it all under wraps, despite hating myself inside. Hating my failure. Hating my parts that didn’t work. Hating the jealousy I felt for the women who had that gift and squandered it. I needed to try something. Anything.

It didn’t take long before I was ordering fertility drugs online. Clomiphene. GnRH. Diethylstilbestrol. I took them all. Then I had to get sperm. That wasn’t too hard to come by. A quick few ads on Craigslist, a couple pictures sent back and forth, and a meet up. An hour later, I’d have a condom full of what I needed.

I gave the drugs a week to kick in before doing anything else. They made me dizzy and nauseous. Small price to pay, I guess. For the next part, I had to inject the sperm into myself. I had to try lots of spots; I was aiming directly for where I thought ovaries would be. I figured an ectopic pregnancy was still a pregnancy. And maybe the doctors could fix it if I was lucky enough to encounter that problem in the first place.

The needles were long and fat and the contents were cold from the refrigerator. In that week, I’d been with 30 men. My body ached and my self-esteem was gone, but they’d given me what I required. I injected myself with all of it over the course of the day. My belly was a hole-filled, leaky wreck by the time I was done. And the medication had me dizzier than I’d ever been. It’s even hard to type this out through the brain fog. But it’s all going to be worth it when this works. When this works, I’m going to have a beautiful baby of my own. One who will be loved. One who won’t be told he can’t follow his dreams just because he’s a boy.



Submitted October 27, 2015 at 09:46PM by iia http://ift.tt/1XwK3hH shortscarystories

No comments:

Post a Comment