Monday, October 26, 2015

How much freezer space is needed? EatCheapAndHealthy

I've been trying to get out of an unhealthy and semi-abusive relationship for awhile and I'm now at the point I'm just grabbing what I can carry and walking out the door forever. This is going to seriously cramp my budget and require some major changes. I'm worried about budgeting for decent food and want to know how much freezer space is necessary to shop frugally effectively? The places I'm looking at all pretty much have apartment-sized refrigerators and not a great deal of freezer room. Is it worthwhile to invest in a stand alone freezer if I have room?

On another note, while I love rice and pasta, I cannot stand beans/lentils/etc. On the plus side I can eat the same thing for every meal for days without burning out. Am I shooting myself in the foot ruling out beans? I really want to keep my food budget under $200 per month because housing is going to eat up more than I expected, at least quickly.

Thanks for any advice! I've enjoyed reading this subreddit the past week while deciding if I could pull this off. You guys made me realize it was possible.



Submitted October 27, 2015 at 09:36AM by funwithDPP http://ift.tt/1WeO25i EatCheapAndHealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment