Friday, May 29, 2015

TIFU by drugging my father. tifu

This actually happened today, but I'm going to give some background first. My older brother's friend received a gift basket of edibles as a wedding present from a friend who worked at a medical marijuana dispensary a while back, but there was too many edibles for her to consume, so she handed out a few brownies to her friends including my brother. Each brownie is 20 doses, so they have lasted a while in a freezer in our garage (not our main refrigerator in the kitchen). In an effort to make sure I don't accidentally take too much, my brother cut the brownie up into 20ths so if I take one, I can be sure I'm only getting 1 dose at a time. Here's where the fuck up happened...

I decided I wanted to have one tonight, so last night I brought up a single dose (probably about the approximate size of a jolly rancher), sealed it in a ziplock bag, and stuffed it in the freezer in our kitchen. This morning, when I checked my phone, I had received the following text message from my dad:

"Ate small piece of chocolate on top shelf of Shelf of refrigerator door. Very dizzy going to ER. Love you . Bye"

Apparently he saw a piece of brownie and figured that it was just a small bit of leftover (regular) brownies he had made this weekend and popped it in his mouth on his way to work as a quick snack. By the time he got to work, he said he could barely walk and couldn't figure out how to dial his phone for help. Luckily, he works at a hospital and was able to get to the emergency room because he thought he was dying. He had a stroke about 10 years ago and has suffered dizzy spells/headaches/lack of balance since then, so it wasn't immediately obvious to him what was going on at the time, but eventually made the connection and called me to pick him up.



Submitted May 30, 2015 at 07:17AM by plim25 http://ift.tt/1HTxKqO tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment