Sunday, May 24, 2015

"I'd like to make a complaint." TalesFromRetail

I work in an appliance store, and we deliver. One of my fellow sales people likes to make jokes with customers, to ease the process. A customer called in today to complain about something the sales associate promised.

Me: "Thanks for calling [Store], this is [KulaanDoDinok], how can I help you today?"

Customer: "Yes, I'd like to speak to a manager."

Me: "I'm sorry, the manager is currently assisting another customer, I'd be more than happy to start helping you out though!"

Customer: "Okay. I bought a refrigerator from you the other day, and [Salesperson] said that the delivery crew would hook up and install my fridge."

Me: "Yessir, did they refuse to do that?"

Customer: "No, [Salesperson] also said that they would move the food in my fridge from the old fridge to the new one. Which they didn't. I'm very upset, and would like some monetary compensation for the lack of service."

Me: "............Um, no sir, we've never done that for a customer before. I'm sorry if it seemed that [Salesperson] said that to you, but that's never been the case at this store. I'd be more than happy to get the manager for you if you'd like to talk more about the issue, though."

Customer: "Sure, go ahead."

After I transferred, but before the manager picked up, the customer hung up and never called back.



Submitted May 25, 2015 at 09:41AM by KulaanDoDinok http://ift.tt/1epkoGd TalesFromRetail

No comments:

Post a Comment