Thursday, May 28, 2015

I suddenly have to start feeding myself and am getting anxious about it. Help? cookingforbeginners

Hi everyone,

I live in a country where it's cheaper to eat outside than it is to cook. Like, seriously cheap. However, I moved into a new apartment in a ritzy neighborhood, and there are no food stalls here! I'm now having to cook for myself, and it seems like such a big change that I'm getting anxious about starting.

Here's what I have on hand:

  • a kitchen with a stove and a relatively large refrigerator (yes that's a big deal, a lot of apartments here don't have one)

  • some pots and pans of various sizes

  • salt and pepper

  • a rice cooker

  • a blender

I do not have an oven or a microwave. I have access to a supermarket and I don't mind spending money ton the basics. However, I'm just worried about buying all of this stuff and then wasting it because it's just 1-2 people eating it. I'd prefer to cook something that I can eat as leftovers during the week.

Please help me get back into the groove of cooking, cause I kind of feel like a 28-year old child. Thank you!



Submitted May 29, 2015 at 08:57AM by girlintaiwan http://ift.tt/1EC85LP cookingforbeginners

No comments:

Post a Comment