Thursday, May 28, 2015

Can a refrigerator get warmer with low amperage? refrigeration

My refrigerator has been warming up the past few days, but then goes back to normal overnight. It doesn't stop producing cold, but it's just not cold enough (the ice in the freezer melts, for example).

It is hot out, but I have a window A/C in the kitchen, so the room temperature isn't too much higher than other days. The only connection I can make is that the refrigerator's warming coincides with when I am running the A/C. I believe they're on the same circuit, so I'm wondering if it's possible that the refrigerator's performance is tied to the amount of current it can draw.

The refrigerator is pretty old. My landlord is shopping for a new one for us, but, if it is the current draw that's affecting it, will a new refrigerator fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.



Submitted May 28, 2015 at 05:26PM by EJS1127 http://ift.tt/1dzwH2R refrigeration

No comments:

Post a Comment