Monday, May 25, 2015

[Unexplained] Heard a cabinet door close by itself, having trouble finding a logical explanation Paranormal

This isn't an exciting story like some of the shit posted here and I'm well aware that many normal things can cause this. I'm not saying that this was a paranormal thing, I think that's possible but highly unlikely. The thing that scares me is the fact that I can't find a rational explanation for this. Hoping that someone can think of one that I didn't. And if this is paranormal, then what the fuck am I supposed to do about it?

I was sitting in my bathroom taking a shit. It was about 3:30 am at the time and I know for sure that I was the only one up. Yes I'm aware of the superstition surrounding 3 am, it creeps me out but it's not something I take seriously. I'm 18 and still live with my 2 parents, no one else lives in the house and no one else was visiting/staying over or anything. All the doors and windows are thoroughly locked. We don't give keys to our house to anyone else and we have several different kind of locking mechanisms in place on all outside doors. We don't know anyone that would drop by unannounced and just barge in at this hour anyway.

I didn't hear anyone walking around (I would have if anyone was, it's a small house with creaky floors that creak loudly even when you try as hard as you can to be quiet and walk slowly/stealthily) and I knew my parents were in their room when I was on my way to the bathroom. I'll ask them later when they're awake just to be 100% sure, though.

So I'm in the bathroom and I hear a cabinet door in the kitchen (which is nearby) close loudly. It sounded like it was slammed shut. I didn't hear anyone walking before or after that point so I know my parents were still in their room.

There are a lot of "normal" house noises like the refrigerator turning its fan/motor/whatever that thing is off and on at regular intervals, the AC coming off or on, creaks in the walls/floors/whatever, dishes in the dish rack shifting due to gravity, and so on. This sound wasn't any of that. The sound of a kitchen cabinet being closed in my house has a very distinct sound.

These are relatively heavy cabinet doors. Their hinges are pretty stiff, too. Due to the way the magnetic "locks" are designed you have to push on the door firmly and deliberately to get it to close. It's not the kind of thing air from a vent or air pressure/circulation in the house could have caused.

The doors sit horizontally and are completely level as far as I can see so it wasn't gravity. Even if that was somehow possible I would have a) experienced something like this way before now (we installed these cabinets at least 10 years ago) and b) it wouldn't have been so loud. In fact it wouldn't have been enough force to close the cabinet door at all if the amount by which its angle is off is too small for me to see.

I don't have any kind of mental disorder that makes me hallucinate, whether it's visual, auditory, or whatever. I have depression/anxiety and I take prescription drugs for that, but they have never, ever made me hallucinate. I forgot to take my Prozac today anyway so none of that has been in my system for over 24 hours. The only pills I've taken in the past 24 hours are the OTC pain meds ibuprofen and tylenol.

I rarely drink. I haven't drank alcohol for about a week or so. I don't smoke or do any illegal drugs.

I'm not really tired let alone sleep-deprived, so that wouldn't have caused me to hallucinate. I also know that I didn't fall asleep and dream it or anything, I was wide awake the whole time. I don't have any medical condition that causes me to have blackouts.

It might seem silly that I'm making a big deal over this but I don't like it when I'm not able to explain something that I experienced. I've been racking my brain about this for awhile now and I can't think of any other logical explanation other than hallucinating it for whatever reason or the possibility of someone having broken in. I never hallucinate, though... but I guess having a random, ultra-rare hallucination episode is still more plausible than ghosts. I still feel uneasy about this though. As for the possibility of a break-in, I know everything was locked so I definitely would have heard other noises before or after that point: again, small house.

To be clear I do believe in the paranormal but I always look for a natural explanation first. This really seems like the kind of thing that would have a natural explanation, but yet I can't think of one.

Some psychological/spiritual information about my home and family if this does end up being a paranormal thing:

-My parents are Christians, but I don't really consider myself one, although I do have spiritual beliefs.

-There is no anger or violence in my family, we're generally positive with each other but we have our problems and arguments like everyone else.

-I deal with a lot of rage and hatred personally, not toward them, the house, or other family/friends but about other situations/people/things in my life and life in general. I experience deeply negative and sometimes violent emotions on a daily basis.

-I don't participate in any sort of occult shit although I did experiment with OBEs a year or two ago. I had several weird ass experiences as a result at that time that were not necessarily paranormal, I'm really not at all sure what happened. Not sure if that counts.

Can anyone help me out here?



Submitted May 25, 2015 at 03:04PM by Tranquil_Eventide http://ift.tt/1IUQjv9 Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment