Thursday, May 28, 2015

Any ideas for a snack/dinner combo for a very active 4p-1a job? EatCheapAndHealthy

Ok you guys I have lurked here for a little while and I enjoy some of the things posted here. Some of them have worked and some I feel like I need to perfect. For example, making a bulk meal of chicked and rice was good the first 2-3 times I ate it but after that I found I still had a lot of food to go through and I found myself sick of rice and chicken. My job is very active and I am pretty much constantly moving. I spend the first half (4-8) unloading a truck and I am allowed to have small things like candy bars and I have recently been using Clif bars and those things are wonderful to curb hunger for only being $1 but I was curious if snack-wise if anybody had any other ideas?

For lunch I can prepare with all the basic appliances but at work, all I have is a microwave and a refrigerator. Lately out of laziness I just find myself buying Hot pockets when I am really hungry ($2.18) or if not too hungry a $2 pretzel. This works but I am sure somebody could give me ideas for something filling and possibly cheaper.

One interesting quirk about my situation is I still live in with my mother. My brother and sister love to dive into food supplies if it looks good. While I can keep basic things like rice and potatoes no problem, I upset them when I wouldn't let them have any of the chicken I slow roasted so if possible maybe you have some ideas of foods that are easy to hide maybe or something that can be made pretty basic.

Thanks in advance for reading this and I Hope that somebody can give me some suggestions because Groceries is my largest outflow of money and I hoping to fix that a bit.



Submitted May 29, 2015 at 10:40AM by jonathon8903 http://ift.tt/1FGKjCi EatCheapAndHealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment