Friday, May 29, 2015

One of my favorite things and least favorite things happened last night. TalesFromTheFrontDesk

I had a guest come to check in last night when I had about 15 arrivals left. As usual, I get his last name and check my arrivals list. It wasn't there. So, I ask if it could be under a different last name then he spells it as if I didn't hear him. I go on to check the the rest of the weekend and the next month to make sure he didn't book for the wrong date. Of course, nothing shows up. I asked if he had a confirmation number I can look up. He gets frustrated and marches back out to his car to get his iPad to look it up. He opens the web page and realizes he didn't submit the reservation. I just smile and start a walk-in. Luckily, I wasn't sold out.

Least favorite:

A higher tier guest calls me at the front desk at about 10:30 PM and says her refrigerator is not working. I apologize for that and inform her that maintenance has left for the night and that we usually don't keep extra refrigerators in stock. I go on to offer to store her items in our kitchen fridge and for some reason she takes offense to that. I then offer to move her to a different room and she declines. She goes on to say she is very upset and that this was one of the reasons she choose to stay with up, blah blah blah. I ask her if there was anything I can do to help her and she says no and then the call ends.

I don't understand why one would get upset after I offer potential solutions to your problem and they decline all of them.



Submitted May 29, 2015 at 05:57PM by KnotFound http://ift.tt/1EDGUAh TalesFromTheFrontDesk

No comments:

Post a Comment